Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them. Follow your strengths and in that journey you may just find your calling. And if your calling is something that does not yet exist – create what you wish existed!
Stephanie Lanier is all too familiar with a career change when the calling was loud and clear – she knew she wanted to help people but also know she needed to support her special needs son Oliver. With a transition from Social Work into real estate, she slowly and methodically grew her team into a group of 6 other working moms who could all connect on the struggle of work life balance. “Your professional and personal life bleed together and you bring your whole self to work” – It is important to take care of your body and keep tabs on your emotional bandwidth to be your best self.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Inspiration Lab – A community of women in the passionate pursuit of living more meaningful and manageable lives.
On this episode, you’ll learn more on:
- Benefits of Co-Working Spaces
- Knowing and Loving your team takes intentional time
- Back to basics: Sleep, water, and stretching are so important to your well being. And they are all FREE!
- If what you say is important, but it’s not on your calendar, you need to make an adjustment
- The difference between mistakes and failures
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #50: Your Path to Purpose – Rogers Healy You aren’t listening to this podcast episode by accident – something, some where, brought you here, to this very moment. Knowing your purpose provides simplicity, energy, and meaning to your life. Discovering WHY we are driven to do the things we do is a trail we are always foraging.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #46: Get Unstuck – Andy Dane Carter Do you want to be right, or do you want to get what you want? This is a common question author, speaker, and real estate leader Andy Dane Carter asks not only his coaching clients, but his business partners, and even his own family. Learning to get unstuck after a hard day and accepting a failure is not the end of the world.