The harsh reality of life is that no one is coming to save you – you have to be your own HERO. Hitting rock bottom and learning from soul pain is a struggle Wayne Salmans of Hero Nation Coaching is all too familiar with – Wayne grew quickly to the top of the real estate industry and fell into the trap of placing your self worth in material items. When the outside pressures became too much, it all came crumbling down, along with Wayne’s entangled identity. As he considered suicide, he had an epiphany that no one was coming for him. If something was going to change, he was going to have to change it himself.
Today, Wayne operates a successful coaching company that helps leaders answer the hard questions. He doesn’t seek to inspire his clients, inspiration wears off. Instead he seeks to EMPOWER them. Through building a road map for how to get back up when you fall down, to creating your own reality, and most importantly – being consistent and simple.
Links mentioned in this episode:
The Art of Getting Back Up – Learn how to get back up and recover fast. The art of getting back up is about empowering you to face the future, whatever lies ahead. Here is where you will lean the steps and master the skills of getting back up when life knocks you down. By Wayne Salmans
Download your FREE copy HERE: https://www.theheronation.com/p/book
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.
~Kyle Malnati, REALTOR
Calibrate Real Estate
900 East Louisiana Avenue #203, Denver, CO 80210