Everyone knows someone who wants to get started in Real Estate. But where do you start? According to Ron Cathell, of Team Cathell KW, start with your Mindset. In this episode, you’ll hear from Ron Cathell, an industry veteran, who started investing in real estate as a way to fund his daughter’s college education. His passion for investing grew to a full-time brokerage career; he now owns 20 properties across the country as he continues to build wealth.
Ron Cathell’s 3 Big Takeaways When Building Wealth:
1). Mindset. You must be purposeful. Set your goals and stick to them. What is your big why? Why do you want to invest in the first place? Your answer should have something to do with an opportunity that is unique and special that helps other people.
2). Understand Time. Time is a funny thing. Those who ignore it are fools; those who embrace it are fulfilled; those who understand it build empires. It takes TIME to build something great. Therefore, it takes time to build wealth.
3). Sacrifice. Where do you start? You start by SAVING so that you may invest. Live on a budget. You will have to live below your means until you have enough money to invest.Sacrifice now for rewards that will come later. Delay gratification today for a better tomorrow.
Links mentioned in this episode:
Siddhartha – The classic novel of a quest for knowledge that has delighted, inspired, and influenced generations of readers, writers, and thinkers—a perennial favorite for graduation gifts.
The ONE Thing – People are using this simple, powerful concept to focus on what matters most in their personal and work lives. Companies are helping their employees be more productive with study groups, training, and coaching.
On this episode, you’ll learn more on:
– Real estate investing, at times, is more philosophical than financial
– Developing relationships is critical to success
– Set goals, be strategic, make a plan, break down the plan into small steps
– Great real estate investors are avid learners
– Do NOT be afraid to pay fair market value if its a quality asset
– The best real estate investors are collectors; they BUY and HOLD
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.