What would you do if we told you that you could be anywhere you want in life in just 5 years? Would you believe in yourself to make that 5 year goal a reality, or would you be skeptical? For Jake Dixon, he took a moment to reflect that he wasn’t where he wanted to be in life and knew he need to make a change. That defining moment, along with precise and calculated actions, put him on the path to achieve his goals in just 3 years. Today, Jake is the Founder of a community of over 100 real estate coaches who collaborate together to create systems, tools, and models that empower their 2,000 nation wide clients – The Locker Room Nation. Tune into this special episode in which Kyle and Jake discuss why you need to embrace the “suck”, because no success comes without failure.
Links mentioned in this episode:
On this episode, you’ll learn more on:
- Figuring out who needs to be on you “Board of Directors”
- Shifting your mindset to think in questions, not answers
- How being authentic and sharing liberates you
- Doing business with people who believe what you believe = success
- Being more proactive to the day and less reactive to the day
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.