Born in Mexico to immigrant agricultural laborers, Tony Ayon‘s family moved to a small town outside of Bakersfield California to star a new life working in a labor camp. Living with a family of 11 in a 400 square foot room with a dirt floor, life wasn’t always easy. Tony Ayon is the classic rags to riches story – he never realized he was poor until he was in 7th grade and compared his life to others. What he lacked in monetary wealth, he made up for with hard work ethic, and the belief of those around him that he would some day do great things. Tony is is now the Broker Owner of Miramar International with over 400 agents and strives to helps those around him reach success. In combination with a “can do attitude” and treating people with respect, Tony knows anything is possible.
Links mentioned in this episode:
On this episode, you’ll learn more on:
- Operating an “agent-centric” company
- The benefits of an “I can do that” attitude
- Why you shouldn’t allow failure to hold weight over you
- Aligning yourself with people who can help you reach success
- The incredible value of having one person believe in your strengths
- Why you should consider starting with dessert
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.
~Kyle Malnati, REALTOR
Calibrate Real Estate
900 East Louisiana Avenue #203, Denver, CO 80210