Adversity – we have all experienced. The question is what do yo do when you get blind sided by adversity. How do you get back up and keep moving on with life? On this special episode, our host Kyle Malnati provides a keynote speech to a group of leaders at the Bakersfield Association of Realtors in California, all about this subject of hardship. Anyone can win when things go their way, it is the person who overcomes adversity who is the true champion. Full presentation slides linked here and provided below.
Links mentioned in this episode:
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.