An Entrepreneur is defined as some one who starts a business and takes on greater financial risk in order to do so. But what if we told you we had the secrets to avoiding some of that risk in your business and increasing your revenue? Jimmy Mackin, the Co-Founder of Curaytor, through experience of growing his own start up company, has discovered the 5 big mistakes to avoid when building your business. Getting stuck in the viscous cycle, failing to invest in your brand, thinking agents are loyal, obsessing over strangers, and failure to eliminate legacy debt all stop you from growing your company at an exponential rate. Tune into this special episode in which Kyle and Jimmy get tactical on not only how to recognize you’re making these mistakes, but also how to calibrate your business back onto the path of success.
Links Mentioned on this Episode:
On This Episode You’ll Lean More About:
- Temptation to do everything is real – don’t forget what makes you special
- Keep it simple and say no to “good ideas”
- How to build a growth engine
- Why the whirlwind effect is negatively effecting your business
- Build moat around your business. It is the only way to create loyalty
- Using stories & examples to bridge the gap between communication with your clients to stay relevant
- Your Customers ARE your Investors
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our Top 3 Episodes:
- EP #53: Create the Things you Wish Existed Being who you truly are in a world of influence is easier said than done. Figuring out what is important for you to accomplish in life, not only because it is the social norm, but because it truly fulfills you is vital. As a leader with any level of success, you have proven you have good instincts – lean into them.
- EP #51: In The Eye of the Storm Holding strong through the eye of the storm is one of the bravest things a person can do in life. Not knowing where or how you will end up on the other side is a fear unlike any other. For Candice Skinner, that storm was close to home with a husband struggling from PTSD and drug abuse. Instead of running, Candice found peace in the storm through her faith and not only kept her family together, but managed to maintain her successful real estate brokerage..
- EP #52 – Top 5 Episodes of the Calibrate Podcasts of 2018 The end of the year marks a threshold and invites a pause for reflection. It is a great time to take stock of the year that has passed and look ahead to the future. Whether you are in a leadership role, an aspiring leader, or just want to be your best at work and life, the habit of self reflection can build self-awareness and resilience.