With the goal of empowering, encouraging, and educating real estate professionals – we’ve interviewed a lot of proven winners in 2019. And we couldn’t pick a favorite guest if we tried! So instead, we compiled highlights from 5 of our most downloaded episodes this year – the ones that inspired us, provided tactical advice (some of which we have already started using ourselves!), and pushed us to expand the boarders of our business. Trust us, you’ll want to give another listen to these leaders!
Ashton Ernst – #93: Systematic Success
Rundown: Ashton is a listing specialist with the Justin Landis Group who took over 228 listing appointments in the last year. She has a strong and upfront approach that is based on her mindset of “I’m not stopping until…”
Top Takeaway: Prepare to win, if you go into your appointments with the mindset to win – your confidence will be evident. Appearing as an expert in the area and pricing your properties based on the 3 opportunities will get you the listing every time.
Rory Vaden – #100: How to Build and Monetize Your Personal Brand
Rundown: Rory Vaden is a two time NY Times best selling author and Co-Founder of Brand Builders. Rory and his team strive to help service providers learn that they can build and monetize a personal brand, so that they can leverage that brand that creates more revenue, makes lead generation easier, and does influential work that matters.
Top Takeaway: Your personal brand is what connects you with your audience and your clients. Either not enough people know what you do, or they don’t trust you.
Rebecca Donatelli – #80: 4 Instagram Strategies Every Business Needs
Rundown: Rebecca Donatelli is a 2019 30Under30 National Winner, an author for Inman, and runs a team of agents with Mcdowell Homes, The Rebecca Donatelli Team. Rebecca shares that she owes a big portion of her success to her 14,000 Instagram following.
Top Takeaway: A common struggle of agents and instagram is the lack of value or ROI. If you are acting under the C.A.R.E. strategy to your social media, your influence will grow and your client base will grow along with it.
Scott Steadman – #58: How’s the Market?
Rundown: Hyperlocal expert Scott Steadman of Windernere Real Estate, being a successful agent today is all about taking it back to the basics and not overcomplicating the job.
Top Takeaway: The dreaded question every agent gets asked – turns out it doesn’t need to be dreaded. It’s a multifaceted question that can actually bring you more business if you interpret and respond like an expert.
Stephanie Lanier – #53 Create the things you Wish Existed
Rundown: Stephanie is the Broker Owner of Lanier Property Group – a company she started at of necessity. Stephanie need a new career path that would allow her to care for her chronically sick son while still fulfilling her entrepreneur spirt.
Top Takeaway: Your professional and personal life bleed together. You bring your whole self to work everyday – There isn’t a separation. If some thing is out there in the world that fits your needs, it may be your calling to create it.
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #104: In Memory of Chris Oakley: My heart is heavy as I watched the memorial service for my dear friend, Chris Oakley, who tragically passed away at 37-years of age in a hunting accident this month. I worked with Chris for the past 4 years. Our relationship started as Chris was assigned to me as my business coach, but he quickly became my friend.
- EP #103: Your Resilience Fuels Your Clarity: After 16 years in real estate, Kristen Cullen’s husband was diagnosed with cancer and she made the selfless choice to leave her career and become his primary caregiver. During his battle with cancer, Kristen was constantly serving and looking for ways to improve the lives of those around her
- EP #102: 1031 Exchange VS DST – Investment Solutions: What exactly is a Deferred Sales Trust (DST)? How is a DST different from the more well known 1031 Exchange? As a broker, if you are able to thoroughly answer these questions and advise your clients on a path to wealth
Written & Produced by Kayla Davis | Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222