My heart is heavy as I watched the memorial service for my dear friend, Chris Oakley, who tragically passed away at 37-years of age in a hunting accident this month. I worked with Chris for the past 4 years. Our relationship started as Chris was assigned to me as my business coach, but he quickly became my friend.
I would talk to Chris every week and went to visit him in Nashville once a year. He also came to Denver to visit me. After a day of business strategy for Calibrate Real Estate, he visited my home for dinner with our family, played with my children, and laughed with us all.
Chris genuinely believed in me. Each time I talked to Chris he was there to help clarify what I was confused about… and as a budding leader and entrepreneur, I have needed a lot of guidance.
Chris believed that business is a platform for ministry. In his 20s, he was part of a mentoring group that did a book study on the Principal of the Path by Andy Stanley which led him to write his own obituary. The idea was that you should live God’s calling daily.
What I learned about Chris, while watching his friends deliver his eulogy today, was that he has been impact on countless people’s lives.
Here are a few of the great lessons that were shared when reflecting upon the life of Chris Oakley today:
– he was a gift which is why this pain is so real
– encourage others
– tell the people that you love that you love them out loud
– have the courage to chase your dreams
– his memory will never go away, he was truly one of a kind
God used one man to change the trajectory of a lot of people, and we are all thankful for Chris and the way he lived out God’s calling in his life. I’ll miss you, Chris.
Written & Hosted by Kyle Malnati | Produced by Kayla Davis
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #103: Your Resilience Fuels Your Clarity: After 16 years in real estate, Kristen Cullen’s husband was diagnosed with cancer and she made the selfless choice to leave her career and become his primary caregiver. During his battle with cancer, Kristen was constantly serving and looking for ways to improve the lives of those around her.
- EP #102: 1031 Exchange VS DST – Investment Solutions: What exactly is a Deferred Sales Trust (DST)? How is a DST different from the more well known 1031 Exchange? As a broker, if you are able to thoroughly answer these questions and advise your clients on a path to wealth
- EP #101: Identify Your Ideal Client: As a real estate agent, you aren’t selling the house, the house can sell itself. You are selling the dream, the future, the vision. But in order to determine the vision you’re selling, you need to identify your ideal client.
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222