Amongst this Pandemic and uncertain times, everyone wants to know, “when will this end?” But maybe that’s the wrong question. Perhaps instead we should be asking, “how will we continue?” The energy around variability can be positive and allow us opportunities to make changes. We are unlikely to go back to things the way they were. This question of continuing is a chance to be more intentional, evolve, make iterations, and prove our resilience.
Practicing Psychologist and Research Professor at DU, Galena Rhoades, Ph.D encourages us to take some deep breathes, recognize our thinking traps, and ultimately use this time to examine why we were doing the things we did every day. We have seen this sudden change in the real estate industry before. The resilient leaders not only survived, but came through the other side more successful versions of themselves. This disruption to our every day may prove to be an opportunity to take control and calibrate our businesses.
Research Professor at the DU Department of Psychology: https://www.du.edu/ahss/psychology/facultystaffstudents/faculty-listing/rhoades.html
Rhoades Consulting: http://www.rhoadesconsulting.com/
Founder of MotherWise: https://motherwisecolorado.org/
Thriving Family Nonprofit: https://thrivingfamiliescolorado.org/
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #119: A Message of Hope: During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is common to hear the media and public officials refer to the state of the world as being in “uncertain times”. But in reality, isn’t life always uncertain? We often hold a false sense of security in our daily lives when really things can change or be taken from us at any moment.
- EP #118: Adopt These Habits to Increase Your Income: Being intentional and doing things on purpose can have a massive impact on your life, and your business. It is easy to allow things to “just happen”, to be reactive instead of proactive.
- EP #117: COVID-19 Lending Update: The market is changing faster than the news can keep up. Things are changing day by day, and hour by hour. As we are living through these uncharted times, we all need an advisor.
Written & Produced by Kayla Davis | Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222