Captain William ”T.” Thompson‘s accomplishments are many: US Air Force pilot, Delta Airlines captain, lawyer, award-winning businessman, and professional speaker.
But Captain “T” did not start out in life with any special advantages. In fact, being born and raised in segregated South Carolina meant that the difficulties he faced growing up were many. But realizing his aspiration to become a pilot and becoming the first African American from the state to be accepted into the prestigious United States Air Force Academy was just the beginning of a pattern of successes in a life that extended far beyond its origins.
Captain “T” uses his life’s challenges and his personal story to prove that we can all accomplish much more than we previously considered possible-and that we should strive for things that we have even considered unattainable. It doesn’t take special gifts or talents either, the author insists. He credits his P4 System (Principles, People, Flight Plan, and Performance) as the foundation that enabled him to literally pilot his way to success and ultimately become a multimillionaire in the process.
Captain “T” joins the Calibrate Real Estate Podcast this week to discuss his new book, The Flight to Excellence, and how it can inspire and instructs executives, entrepreneurs, and anyone with a strong desire to reach extraordinary. Tune in to learn more!
Connect with Captain T:
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #166: Strategic Impact with Dr. Carol Poore Are you responsible for leading a strategic plan that actually gets implemented and delivers results? All organizations and communities need a vital strategic plan to trailblaze the future while navigating constant change. Carol Poore, Ph.D., MBA, joins the Calibrate Podcast this week to talk about her newest book, Strategic Impact.
- EP #165: The Art of Selling Your Business with John Warrillow Freedom. It’s the ability to do whatever you want, whenever you want. It’s the ultimate reward of selling your business. But selling a company can be confusing, and one wrong step can easily cost you dearly. Many owners will close their doors, ultimately earning little for their life’s work—while a select few will become fabulously wealthy. John is here to change that.
- EP #164: Become a Passive Cash Flow Leader with a Deferred Sales Trust Paying too much in capital gains tax is a major fear for investors. The old school solution, 1031 exchanges, leaves many people overpaying and over-stressed. With restrictive rules and timing, 1031 exchanges offer little possibility to diversify and no liquidity. Enter the Deferred Sales Trust.
Written & Produced by Anne Russell
Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222