What are opportunity zones? Where are they? How do you invest in them? Tracey Wilson of IPX 1031 is an expert on the subject and has been advising clients on this new investment avenue since its formation in 2017. This new tax code aims to enrich 8,762 government identified underdeveloped areas across the nation by attracting investors with tax breaks.
Choosing to invest your money in an opportunity zone, either from a real estate sale or other stock funds, allows the Buyer specific tax benefits for years to come. Deferring capital gains tax, using gains from a previous sale only (saving your basis), and how to decide between an opportunity fund versus a 1031 exchange, are just a few of the topics our host Kyle Malnati and Tracey discuss in this tactical episode.
Links Mentioned on this Episode:
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique – A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #67: Build Your Brand from the Inside Successful marketing is about learning to speak to one person, not the crowd. Pin-pointing one idea to share with that one person, and getting it across in as few words as possible. That’s where Jessica Swesey of 1,000 Watt and her team come into play.
- EP #66: Leveling Up In a society where CEOs are only 27% female, we must go above and beyond to push cultural evolution and continue to level up. As a mom and the CEO/Owner of Red Oak Realty, with over 100 agents and 15 staff members, Vanessa Bergmark knows that finding synergy and mission alignment with the right people allows the opportunities to create themselves.
- EP #65: Learning Never Ends Why are you in business? Why did you choose the career you chose? Are you having fun going to work everyday? These are the questions you might receive from a child when you tell them that you work in real estate.
~Kyle Malnati, REALTOR
Calibrate Real Estate
900 East Louisiana Avenue #203, Denver, CO 80210