We all know investing in real estate is a smart move, but these days it can be difficult to get on the property ladder with historically high markets. We invited self-storage expert, Jacob Vanderslice, Principal at VanWest Partners, to join the Calibrate Real Estate Podcast this week to share the fundamentals of this strong investment class.
Jacob’s firm, VanWest Partners, is a Denver-based real estate investment firm focusing on the acquisition and management of self-storage centers throughout the United States. By focusing on this growing real estate sector, they have established a track record with over $195mm in real estate assets. Jacob and his partners’ success is driven by a commitment to delivering an expertly-executed, adaptable strategy with an institutional investment approach.
In this expansive conversation, Jacob shares his best practices for choosing the right investment, debunks the myths that this is a hands-off investment model, and shares his philosophy for managing the different types of storage assets. As Jacob says, “We think creating wealth in real estate is about passive, recurring revenue streams.” Tune in to learn more!
Connect with Jacob:
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #175: The Surprising Solution to Overthinking with Jon Acuff Overthinking isn’t a personality trait. It’s a fear that steals time and creativity. When New York Times bestselling author Jon Acuff changed his life by transforming his overthinking, he wondered if other people might benefit from what he discovered. He commissioned a research study to ask 10,000 people if they struggle with overthinking too, and 99.5 percent said, “Yes!” Jon joins the Calibrate Real Estate Podcast this week to share how he turned overthinking from a super problem to a superpower.
- EP #174: How to Create a Money Mindset Edna Keep is a real estate investment teacher and author but she didn’t start out that way. From single mom at age 16 – living in subsidized housing with a daughter in subsidized daycare – to multi-millionaire Real Estate Entrepreneur, Edna created a proven process to use other people’s money to invest. She joins the Calibrate Real Estate Podcast this week to talk about how to get started investing in real estate even if you don’t have any money of your own. Her biggest secret: it’s all about mindset.
- EP #173: Doors Open When You Knock Originally from Southern California, Steven Ross began selling real estate there in 2005, and after moving to Colorado in 2009, he built another real estate practice from scratch. Steven says that he was the “worst type of person to be a real estate agent” because: He’s an introvert. He doesn’t work nights or weekends. You can’t find him online (at least up through 2020). He doesn’t do parties or events. In fact, he’s completely antisocial. Yet he built a successful real estate business twice by doing one thing and one thing only: knocking on doors—over 125,000 of them. In addition to selling real estate, Steven has spent the last 20 years studying and helping people move forward in the areas of life that are important to them.
Written & Produced by Anne Russell
Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222