Edna Keep is a real estate investment teacher and author but she didn’t start out that way. From single mom at age 16 – living in subsidized housing with a daughter in subsidized daycare – to multi-millionaire Real Estate Entrepreneur, Edna created a proven process to use other people’s money to invest.
Edna has a deep understanding of what investors want in a deal. As a former financial advisor, Edna helps connect investors with everyday people who want to create true passive income for the long term. Edna’s team has a portfolio of $65 Million they built in less than ten years on primarily multifamily units and primarily with none of their own money. They have over 600 doors, with 80 units having been added in just the last year.
She joins the Calibrate Real Estate Podcast this week to talk about how to get started investing in real estate even if you don’t have any money of your own. Her biggest secret: it’s all about mindset. According to Edna, “Money is energy. Money comes from your imagination. If you cannot imagine that you can earn $100k, then you won’t.”
Connect with Edna
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #173: Doors Open When You Knock Originally from Southern California, Steven Ross began selling real estate there in 2005, and after moving to Colorado in 2009, he built another real estate practice from scratch. Steven says that he was the “worst type of person to be a real estate agent” because: He’s an introvert. He doesn’t work nights or weekends. You can’t find him online (at least up through 2020). He doesn’t do parties or events. In fact, he’s completely antisocial. Yet he built a successful real estate business twice by doing one thing and one thing only: knocking on doors—over 125,000 of them. In addition to selling real estate, Steven has spent the last 20 years studying and helping people move forward in the areas of life that are important to them.
- EP #172: How Are Property Taxes Calculated? The Denver Apartment market is at an all-time high. Unfortunately, that means the tax assessments that are mailed to owners on May 1st will also be at all-time highs. We want our clients to be prepared, informed, and proactive. We invited Denver County’s Assessor, Keith Erffmeyer, to join the podcast this week to discuss how residential real property is valued and best practices for protesting your valuation.
- EP #171: Boot Strap Boogie – Scaling Your Virtual Real Estate Business Founder and CEO of Complete Controller, Jennifer Brazer believes that all business owners should have access to excellent financial data to fuel their critical decisions. She has developed efficient bookkeeping, records storage methods, and a delivery system that allows businesses to stay securely connected to their financial data without being tethered to an office.
Written & Produced by Anne Russell
Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222