Friday 7/17/2015: Bo Menkiti was the guest expert that was interviewed on a special edition of the Kyle Malnati Show! Bo Menkiti is the Founder and CEO of The Menkiti Group, a real estate company in Washington, DC that is dedicated to transforming lives and communities through real estate services. The Menkiti Group is focused on strengthening neighborhoods through the strategic development, management, and disposition of real estate in urban markets. Mr. Menkiti also serves as CEO and is the Founding Partner of Keller Williams Capital Properties, a residential real estate brokerage managed by the Menkiti Group.
Bo Menkiti is a graduate of Harvard University. He has been recognized nationally by Ebony and Inc. Magazine as one of the coolest young entrepreneurs in America, and was awarded The National Association of Realtors prestigious “30 under 30” award in 2006. Mr. Menkiti was also honored by the Washington Business Journal to the paper’s 2014 Power 100, a list of the most influential business leaders in the Washington metropolitan area.
In this YouTube podcast, you will learn about the following from Bo:
– You can create a positive impact in your neighborhood through real estate
– How real estate has great advantages compared to other types of investments
– For your 1st purchase, build a team of experts and have a rainy day fund for emergencies
– Real estate is one of the largest drivers of wealth for families in America
– Real estate sales is an amazing business: Bo sold 5-6 houses while taking a 4-week sabbatical
– How to invest ahead of the development curve: look at job growth; demographics; transportation trends
Bo Menkiti’s 3 P’s of Success: Passion, Persistence, and People
– PASSION: You’ve got to love what you do. Passion is contagious; it gets other people excited. Passion gives you staying power to face life’s ups and downs.
– PERSISTENCE: The grit and tenacity that keeps you going. Learning is really about failure. How quickly can you get back up after getting hit?
– PEOPLE: Seek out and surround yourself with truly amazing individuals. People make life worth living and make things great.
Quote from the show:
– John Wooden: “Its the little details that are vital. Little things make the big things happen.”
Leaders are Readers (Bo’s recommended book):
– “The Advantage” by Patrick Lencioni (http://www.tablegroup.com/oh/)
The Kyle Malnati Show, Episode 13, Introduction:
“Live from downtown Chicago on the Magnificent Mile, you are watching the Kyle Malnati Show. We are broadcasting from the National Association of REALTORS headquarters, and I’m sitting here with my friend, Bo Menkiti. Kyle met Bo in Chicago at the 15-year reunion event for “30 Under 30″ award winners; Bo won the award in 2006 and Kyle won the award in 2012. Our goal is that the topics in this interview will be helpful to you, the apartment investor, if you’re either: 1) looking to buy your first apartment building, or 2) if you want to add to your existing rental portfolio in 2015.”
The Kyle Malnati Show, General Information:
The Kyle Malnati Show is currently broadcast monthly on YouTube. The 10-20 minute show is designed to address topics that appeal to both experienced multifamily owners and aspiring real estate investors. Each episode, Kyle offers advice that will help you maximize your rental real estate business, and he also shares his insights on how a favorite quote should relate to multifamily investors’ lives. This video show is designed to share fundamental information about apartment buildings as well as the latest trends in multifamily investments. There are several ways to watch the show. If you SUBSCRIBE on YouTube or if you FOLLOW our blog, you’ll receive an email every month with the video show post. Please share our content on Social Media through Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc. Thanks for tuning-in, and as Kyle likes to say, “We’ll see you around the neighborhood.”
~Kyle Malnati, Partner/Shareholder
Madison Commercial Properties
Madison & Company Properties
1221 S. Clarkson St. #300, Denver, CO 80210