Before hitting the age of 30, Nik Boone, the Broker and Owner of Ascend Real Estate & Property Management, has gained over 10 years of experience in the industry. His goal is to offer the best service possible to all clientele, from the first-time buyer or renter, to the experienced investor. With everything he has accomplished, understandably, Nik is a 30 Under 30 Honoree for 2020.
Every year, REALTOR® Magazine selects 30 of the brightest young minds to honor with their 30 Under 30 distinction. Calibrate Real Estate Podcast Host, Kyle Malnati, was honored with this award in 2012 and we have made a point to interview as many 30 Under 30 Honorees as we can. It takes a smart, driven, and hungry person to win this award and we are honored to share their experience with our podcast audience.
Being a rental owner himself, Nik is familiar with the needs of the landlord and the tenant through first-hand experience, and he joins the Podcast this week to share what he has learned in his real estate journey. He shares his best tips and tricks to break into rental investing, making the most of your investment, and growing the property ladder. As Nik says, “My life philosophy is leveraging my time – pay the expert or the expert’s work.”
Tune in to learn more!
We believe Leaders are READERS, below are a few of our favorite leadership books:
- Entreleadership – 20 years of practical business wisdom, Dave Ramsey
- The Ideal Team Player – How to recognize and cultivate three ideal traits in your team, Patrick Lencioni
- Business Boutique– A woman’s guide for making money and doing what she loves, Christy Wright
Our 3 Most Recent Episodes:
- EP #167: The Flight to Excellence with Captain William Thompson Captain William ”T.” Thompson‘s accomplishments are many: US Air Force pilot, Delta Airlines captain, lawyer, award-winning businessman, and professional speaker. But Captain “T” did not start out in life with any special advantages. In fact, being born and raised in segregated South Carolina meant that the difficulties he faced growing up were many. But realizing his aspiration to become a pilot and becoming the first African American from the state to be accepted into the prestigious United States Air Force Academy was just the beginning of a pattern of successes in a life that extended far beyond its origins.
- EP #166: Strategic Impact with Dr. Carol Poore Are you responsible for leading a strategic plan that actually gets implemented and delivers results? All organizations and communities need a vital strategic plan to trailblaze the future while navigating constant change. Carol Poore, Ph.D., MBA, joins the Calibrate Podcast this week to talk about her newest book, Strategic Impact. Entrepreneurs and business owners can easily get stuck in the weeds of day-to-day business and forget to create a long-term vision. But as Dr. Poore tells us, this is a huge missed opportunity. Taking time to recalibrate your company’s focus and mission will help strengthen the foundation of all other aspects of your business.
- EP #165: The Art of Selling Your Business with John Warrillow Freedom. It’s the ability to do whatever you want, whenever you want. It’s the ultimate reward of selling your business. But selling a company can be confusing, and one wrong step can easily cost you dearly. Many owners will close their doors, ultimately earning little for their life’s work—while a select few will become fabulously wealthy. John is here to change that.
Written & Produced by Anne Russell
Hosted by Kyle Malnati
Calibrate Real Estate
2425 S. Colorado Blvd #250, Denver, CO 80222